The Bereavement Network Europe is gathering the bereavement information and resources which have been developed by colleagues across Europe. We want to gather:
- COVID-specific bereavement information and resources for bereaved people
- Protocols or ways of working in these changed times to share with professional colleagues.
These will be shared (in line with the BNE editorial policy) on the BNE website. If you have anything which may be included please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Resources across Europe
(in alphabetical order)
- Corona hotline for children and adolescents who are afraid of corona; and for parents who need help talking to their children; (particular target group: children and adolescents who live with critically ill parents or who have lost a parent recently) (in Danish only)
- How to talk to your children about corona / it is important to talk to children about illness and death (in Danish only)
- Funeral in exceptional times (translation/adaptation – original source: The Irish Hospice Foundation) (in Danish only)
- The Grief Directory provides a geographical overview of group-based grief counselling in Denmark. Some providers may offer support web-based due to corona. Take a look and reach out to ask them (in Danish only).
REHPA – Videncenter for Rehabilitering og Palliation (Knowledge Center for Rehabilitation and Palliation)
- Supporting the loved ones of a person who has died suddenly – evidence-based guidelines (in Finnish only)
- Nursing Science, Journal of Nursing Science and Practice Corona special of nursing science – Interdisciplinary aspects of the corona pandemic and its implications for care and society (in German and English)
- “Take care of yourself first, before supporting your children
during the spread of the coronavirus pandemic” (in Greek only)
- “Engage in discussions and support your children during the
coronavirus pandemic” (in Greek only)
- “You now have to choose 10 people to bury your child with? – Anam Cara launches new online resource for vulnerable recently bereaved parents”
- A free Covid19 Helpline open Monday to Friday from 9.00 to 12.00, through which professionals (doctors and psychologists) provide psychological support to all the people who suffered a loss from Covid-19 (in Italian only)
- Novel Coronavirus Information Center (All resources are free to access). Search for grief/bereavement and Covid19
- Rituals in the corona era (in English)
- Living with grief during the corona era (in English)
- Dealing with COVID-19 Deaths and Bereavements (in English)
- Living with grief in the corona era (in Arabic)
- Other material about the coronavirus
- Guide for people suffering a loss in times of the coronavirus (COVID-19) (in Spanish only)
- Course description for webinar: Grief due to COVID-19 therapeutic challenges in its approach (Target group: psychotherapists specialised in grief therapy) (in Spanish only).
- Watch the free webinar/course “Grief due to COVID-19 therapeutic challenges in its approach” (in Spanish only).
- Therapeutic challenges in grief by COVID19 (Spanish)
- The effect of funeral practices on bereaved friends and relatives’ mental health and bereavement: implications for COVID-19
Resources outside Europe
- Webcast: How the Discomfort of Grief Can Help Us: Recognizing and Adapting to Loss During the COVID-19 Outbreak, 4/8/2020